RealVideo is a popular format for online videos, and making RealVideo movies in Pinnacle Studio is pretty easy. In the Make Movie window, click Stream, and then select the RealVideo radio button. Next, click Settings. The Make RealVideo tab of the Pinnacle Studio Setup Options dialog box appears.
Review the following settings, adjusting them as needed:
- Title: Enter a title for your movie. This title will appear in the program window when people view your movie, so it should be written in plain English.
- Author: That’s you! Enter your name here.
- Copyright: Enter the year. You can enter the month and day if you wish, but it’s not necessary.
- Keywords: Enter some keywords relating to your movie. This will help people who are searching for your movie using the keywords you list.
- Video Quality: Choose a video quality option here. Most of the time, the safest choice in this menu is Normal Motion Video. The Smoothest Motion Video option works well with video that doesn’t have a lot of action, whereas the Sharpest Image Video option is best for video that does have a lot of action. The Slide Show option shows a series of still images, which obviously isn’t ideal for most video. If you choose the No Video option, no video will be included in the file.
- Audio Quality: Choose an option from this menu that matches the majority of audio in your project. Choices include No Audio, Voice Only, Voice with Background Music, Music, and Stereo Music.
- Video Size: Select a frame size for your video image here.
- Web Server: If you know that your movie will be placed on a RealServer streaming media server, choose the RealServer option. Otherwise, choose HTTP.
- Target Audience: If your movie will be placed on a RealServer, you can choose multiple options here. The server will automatically detect the connection speed of each person who accesses your movie, and a movie of the appropriate quality level will be sent. If you are placing your movie on a regular Web server (HTTP), you can only choose one option. Movie quality settings will be automatically tailored to the Target audience that you choose.